A while back, we heard about some of them, including people who run out of money and put the HEALTHY items back . . . people who blow money on lottery tickets and expensive bottled water . . . and bizarre combinations, like red wine, Summer’s Eve douche, a can of bug spray, and two potatoes.
Here are a few more highlights that cashiers have mentioned since then:
1. A worker at a boba place is grossed out when people combine too many flavors, like rainbow fruit jelly on a hot chai latte.
2. A worker at a sandwich place was “upset” by a person who didn’t get enough flavors . . . a customer would come in every day and order a bunch of roast beef on rye bread. Nothing else.
3. Did you know there are still malls? And some of them still have a Spencer’s inside? It’s true. And a worker from one of those stores says they judge people for buying witchcraft SPELL BOOKS. I guess the “spells” get pretty nasty.
4. An overnight worker at a convenience store said someone would come in every night to get “a red hot beef burrito and a 16-ounce jug of half-and-half.”
5. Someone said they judged people for taking their babies out with them in terrible snowstorms to get non-essential items
6. Someone who works at a pet store said the employees keep tabs on customers who buy cheap little tanks for their betta fish . . . and then “question them” if they return to buy another betta fish.
7. A grocery worker says EVERYONE buys bananas. They say, “It’s a pack of ground beef, and bananas. Paper plates and bananas. Didn’t matter what they bought, bananas came along.”