Jackson County Public Schools Still On Normal Schedule
Jackson County Public Schools will resume classes on a regular schedule Monday March 16th. However, any student or staff member who traveled by airplane or cruise ship over spring break will be checked by the school nurse prior to reporting to class. Additionally, parents who prefer to keep their children at home may do so, and the absence will be excused.
Other steps being taken:
- Any student appearing ill will be sent home.
- School visitors and assemblies will be limited.
- Sporting events will be analyzed case by case and follow NCHSAA guidance.
- Options for online learning are being considered.
- Daily communications are occurring with local emergency management and public health officials.