Thursday Evening Grease Fire at Local Restaurant
Fire broke out at Bogart’s Restaurant in Sylva off Highway 107 on Thursday Evening around 8pm. At least four Jackson County Fire Departments responded along with local law enforcement agencies. Restaurant management posted on social media the cause of the blaze was due to a grease fire that got out of hand and into the buildings hood system. All staff and customers were evacuated safely and no-one was injured. There’s no current word on how extensive the damage is to the building.