Fire broke out at Bogart’s Restaurant in Sylva off Highway 107 on Thursday Evening around 8pm. At least four Jackson County Fire Departments responded along with local law enforcement agencies. Restaurant management posted on social media the cause of the blaze was due to a grease fire that got out of hand and into the buildings hood system. All staff and customers were evacuated safely and no-one was injured. There’s no current word on how extensive the damage is to the building.
Andy has worked in broadcasting around Western North Carolina over the last 17 years. He serves as the Operations Manager and Program Director for WRGC and WBHN. “I’ve been with the crew here at Five Forty Broadcasting since the idea of bringing the station back to Jackson County at 540-AM. I feel a personal connection with community radio and the area”. In the past, Andy has worked with iHeart Media and Sky Country Broadcasting. He resides in Haywood County.
January 30, 2021
March 2, 2021
3 weeks ago
January 10, 2020
Thanksgiving ‘Click It or Ticket’ Enforcement is UnderwayNovember 23, 2020