McDonalds, located at 39 Skyland Drive in Sylva, experienced an electrical malfunction that resulted in the closing of its doors for several hours today. McDonalds officials stated that, just before lunch time, a circuit breaker failed resulting in a few sparks and a burnt odor. Management immediately closed the facility in case the malfunction resulted in an electrical fire. They claim that at no time was there an open flame or fire present. For several hours they remained closed until electrical technicians and inspectors could fix and inspect all equipment. After being told the building was safe for customers once again, they reopened their doors around 6:30p.m.