The Haywood County Arts Council (HCAC), serving as a Designated County Partner of the North Carolina Arts Council, is pleased to announce the 2017-18 subgrantees for the Grassroots Arts Program. These awards are for organizations producing high quality arts programming. The subgrantees for this grant period are:
- Fines Creek Community Association – Fines Creek Bluegrass Festival
- Folkmoot – Appalachian Dancers/Hip-hop Performers for Folkmoot Festival
- Haywood Art Studio Tour – Website Design for Studio Tour
- Haywood Arts Regional Theatre – Kids at HART Spring Drama Program
- Haywood Community Band – Music Purchases
- Haywood Community Chorus – Holiday and Spring Concerts
- Voices in the Laurel – 22nd Annual Spring Concert
In 1977, the North Carolina General Assembly established the Grassroots Arts Program to ensure that every citizen has access to quality arts experiences. The program provides funding for the arts in all 100 counties in North Carolina. A local arts council, like the Haywood County Arts Council, approved by the North Carolina Arts Council to receive and administer Grassroots funds is known as a Designated County Partner (DCP).
“As an arts council, one of our jobs is to support other great organizations that are doing programming well. This is a great example of that goal,” said Lindsey Solomon, Executive Director of the Haywood County Arts Council. “Our partnership with the North Carolina Arts Council is very important to the life of our organization and in the ways we’re able to serve our community. I’m thrilled to be able to share funding with our subgrantees this year.”
Applications for the 2018-19 grant season will be made available in late summer or early fall of 2018. Announcements will be made in our newsletter and on HaywoodArts.org/grants.
The Grassroots Arts Program is supported by the N.C. Arts Council, a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources. For more information, please visit HaywoodArts.org/grants or visit the NCArts.org website and click on “Grants.”