Emergency crews responded to Harris Regional Hospital on Tuesday, February 9th after an apparent fire. The first calls into the 911 center came just before 7pm Tuesday. Sylva and Balsam fire crews promptly responded and found a fire in the Emergency Department. The flames were contained fairly quickly. The Fire was caused by a space heater that had been brought in by an employee in the check-in area of the emergency room. The Emergency Department had to go on temporary diversion in order to get the situation under control. Damage was minimal and did not extend beyond the desk area where the employee was using the space heater.
Andy has worked in broadcasting around Western North Carolina over the last 17 years. He serves as the Operations Manager and Program Director for WRGC and WBHN. “I’ve been with the crew here at Five Forty Broadcasting since the idea of bringing the station back to Jackson County at 540-AM. I feel a personal connection with community radio and the area”. In the past, Andy has worked with iHeart Media and Sky Country Broadcasting. He resides in Haywood County.
January 6, 2020
August 4, 2020
September 16, 2020
Pepsi makes holiday donation to SCC’s Student Emergency FundDecember 20, 2020