The Town of Bryson City has issued voluntary water restrictions due to the declining water levels within Deep Creek, the Town’s Drinking Water Supply. With the lack of rain in the long range forecast, the following measures are recommended.
STAGE 1 WATER SHORTAGE CONDITIONS
- Conservation measures are encouraged and recommended.
Under a Stage 1 Water Shortage Condition, the following guidelines shall apply and the public is encouraged to adhere to the following:
- Limit car washing to the minimum.
- Limit lawn and garden watering to that which is necessary for plants to survive.
- Do not wash down outside areas such as sidewalks, patios, parking lots, service bays or aprons, or the like.
- Do not leave faucets running while shaving or rinsing dishes.
- Water shrubbery to the minimum required, reusing household water when possible.
- Limit use of clothes washers and dishwashers and when used, operate fully loaded.
- Use showers for bathing rather than bathtubs, and limit showers to no more than four minutes.
- Limit flushing of toilets by multiple usage.
- Use of disposable and biodegradable dishes is encouraged.
- The use of flow restrictive and water saving devices.
- Limit the hours of operation of water-cooled air conditioners.
- All residences, businesses, and institutions are requested to temporarily delay new landscape work until the water shortage has ended.